This in yesterday from David Webster...
Ok conditions update. Went to rac corner/Craig y fro this afternoon, most turf was well frozen from the road upwards if you could find it under the powder! We climbed the main stream, the first pitch was climb able on the left of the steepest ice pillar at about grade 2, the pillar wasn't fully formed yet but should be good in a day or 2 if nobody knocks it down b4! The top pitch was to delicate so we walked around it, it had been climbed today but we would have destroyed it if we had done it. We then went and climbed the micro route I named white fang last year which was climbable but again delicate. Finally rac corner was forming but very thin and although there were doable problems, it is in danger of being damaged before it is fully formed. Took some photos will try and post them on the Facebook group.
Also hearing reports from pen y fan north face that the snow fell so much and so quickly it has insulated the turf which isn't fully frozen.
If the temperatures stay low we should see RAC corner and Craig y Lyn coming in over the next few days with any luck but I'd recommend staying away from turf routes or you risk damaging the environment and yourself.
Torpantau road is reported to be impassible although if I get chance this week ill crack out the snow chains and try get down to check it out.
Saturday afternoon saw a major rescue effort from three of South Wales mountain rescue teams including CBMRT of which I'm a part of. Access to storey arms was blocked by vehicles parked on the road and grass verges delaying access by our rescue teams and ambulances. Subsequently Dyfed Powys police have put out a warning notice to park responsibly in the area. Please be considerate of emergency service access wherever you park, particularly during the winter months where time becomes even more of an issue due to extreme weather.